Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 realizations


Hello-I totally forgot about this blog until a dear friend mentioned it to me this morning. It has been a LONG time since I looked at it, but I did enjoy it when I was doing it. Maybe I should update this thing: Seems like life got really busy for a while in selling the house in the spring of 2009 and then moving to Huntsville. We remodeled the kitchen that fall here at the house (which we bought from my mom). Ellie also started Kindergarten at Whitesburg which was an amazing adventure. It was really wonderful to watch her begin her schooling adventures. I continued to work in Decatur for Hospice of the Valley and teaching Musikgarten at First Baptist that school year of 2009-2010. Tyler was in preschool in Decatur for the fall and then started here in Huntsville in January 2010. I continued to work/drive in Decatur until the end of the summer. I had begun working with Hospice Family Care in Huntsville late spring and transitioned to just HFC after quitting HOTV in July. Mark continues to work at Gobble Fite Lumber Company in Decatur as an inside salesman. He really enjoys his job. He loves to build things and this year we added a screened-in porch and had an outdoor fireplace built in the room. We also got a puppy in May. Yikes-what an adventure Rosie has led us on! She is sweet though and after some good puppy classes, I feel better about having her here. My mom fell in love with a sweet man who got cancer and died in July. She has had a rough year after going through treatments, hospice, and his death. We love her so much and hate that she hurts. Now it is January 2011 and things are clicking along for the Durhams. Ellie is in 1st grade and doing well and Tyler is in 4 yr old preschool also doing well. Work is going good for Mark and Carla. We joined Farley Community Church in November and are really happy about having a church home. Home. We want 2011 to be about family, friends and home. God bless you!

No comments: