Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chili day and beyond

So Tuesday night with the chili was so traumatic to me that I couldn't even post before now. I loved it, personally! I had a mild chili in the crock that had cooked most of the day, cheese AND fritos scoops to make it fun for the kids. So my little princess had a tough time with this meal. Threats of going to bed early, not getting dessert, and whatever else we could think of that seemed halfway reasonable came out of the mouths of two loving parents. She ate enough to count (literally 10 bites) and wouldn't admit to the fun of scooping even though I saw in her face that she liked it. Tyler ate it up. He is so sweet. The night ended with tears and going to bed early. Must be too tired from the first day of school and the challenge of a chili dinner all in one day. Bless her. I am working to have well-adjusted young people with nice manners and a gracious, greatful heart. Beginning with the end in mind, maybe next soup night will be more tolerable.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so surprised. Ellie normally out eats the adults!

the Darling Durhams said...

Yeah-she usually is quite the eater. I don't understand her particularities. I think that is a nice way to put that...